How To Play Wockey
You've made it this far. Clearly you're a man/woman who knows what he/she wants. Well so do I/me. And do you know what I want? I want you in this pool. So here's what you do:
- Celebrate the introduction/reintroduction of Wockey back into your life.
- Click on "Signup" in the upper right corner of the screen if this is your first time Wockeying or "Login" if you've come back like a degenerate addict looking for one more fix of that temporarily euphoric, yet ultimately empty Wockey feeling.
- Fill out all of your relevant info including height, weight, and eye color (this is very important for Wockey profiling purposes). Need help picking out a password? Try this site. Once you're finished, click the "Complete Signup" button.
- Eat something already. You’re looking thin.
- "Your Brackets" will pop up. Click on "Create New Entry".
- On the left side of the screen under "Create New Bracket Entry", fill out a bracket name, then press the "Create" button. You will do this for every bracket entry you create.
- You will pick every game in the bracket, even those involving teams you've never heard of, which will likely be most of them (Who in the h*ll is American International?). Don’t forget to pick two tiebreakers. The first is total goals scored in the Frozen Four (typically 12-25). The second is total goals scored in the entire tournament (typically 70-100). Click on "Save Bracket".
- Let the dog out to go to the bathroom. He’s been whining by that door for ten minutes now.
- At this point, you can either go back to the "Your Brackets" tab to create additional entries or, if finished, go to the pink bar at the top of your bracket and click "Pay Now". If you create multiple entries, you will be able to pay them all in one transaction. How's that for 21st-century efficiency! Payment must be made online--I do not accept cash or checks. If you haven’t paid by the time the puck drops between Harvard and Massachusetts at 2:00CT on Friday, your picks will be deleted.
- Once your payment is confirmed, your picks will be e-mailed to you. Check that e-mail (and check your spam as it seems [email protected] may be considered a most untrustworthy address). If you have any problems with your picks, you can always go back and edit them, but be prepared for the shame that comes with not having confidence in your original picks.
- Go have a drink. That was a lot of work.